For the last wine-tasting in Lausanne we had 3 white wines :
- Les Genêts, Damine Laureau 2004 (served with Foie gras and onion marmelade)
- Coume Marie, La preceptorie de Centernach 2007 (Poached egg, carott cream and smoked duck breast)
- Côte de Beaune, Joseph Drouhin 2008 (Tuna confit, lobster pressed juice)
And 3 red wines :
- Chateau Potensac 2002 (Sirloin made as a kebab, red pepper and herb sauce)
- Mas Daumas Gassac 1996 (Linguine with a reduced parmeggiano and truffle cream)
- Vieilles Vignes, Domaine de la Monardière 2005 (Panna Cotta with red fruits and speculoos)
We will speak about red wines in another article...
LES GENETS, DAMIEN LAUREAU 2004 :
Appellation : Savennières
Varietal : Chenin
Region : Val de Loire
COLOUR : Golden yellow
NOSE : Acacia, honey, almond, lanolin and white flowers
PALATE : Honey, beeswax. Mineral, the end is fresh and linear.
This is a very nice wine.
I like the fresh aftertaste as it lingers in the mouth for a long time.
Where can you find this wine:
- In Alencon (France) at Vins et Tradition
- Directly at Damien Laureau
COUME MARIE, LA PRECEPTORIE DE CENTERNACH 2007 :
Appellation : Côtes du Roussillon
Varietal : Macabeu, Grey grenache
Region : Roussillon
Owners : Marc et Thierry Parcé
COLOUR : Pale yellow
NOSE : White flowers and citrus
PALATE : Citrus, powerful and a little bit salty but fresh
I think that was too early to drink this wine. It was not bad but I did not enjoy so much. Now the wine is a little bit closed, not so much nose and not so much palate... We have to wait 1 or 2 years cause there is a good potential...
COTE DE BEAUNE, JOSEPH DROUHIN 2008
Appellation : Côte de Beaune
Varietal : Chardonnay
Region : Burgundy
Owner : Joseph Drouhin
COLOUR : Pale gold, very bright
NOSE : Green tea, Honey, Almond and lemongrass
PALATE : Honey, Mineral, Almond, Roasted hazelnut. Very long finish.
A truly delicious and harmonious wine. I like it... It is not a Clos des Mouches (other amazing wine from Drouhin) but it procures a lot of pleasure.